Skip to main content

Creative Writing: Alhdi's Autbiography



A background: a boy named Alhdi


Was born in Bangkalan in 1998, I'm the oldest son of 3 brothers. Born with full name Alhdi Mulya Gusti, I was born from entrepreneur parents. I live in the suburbs of Bangkalan, was studied in public school from elementary level until senior high. My junior and senior high school; SMPN 1 Bangkalan and SMAN 2 Bangkalan, is in the center part of Bangkalan and I took it for 6 years, just like the normal person.

Living in Bangkalan, I have an unusual hobby, it is dancing. Even though none of my predecessors was in the art field, I still love to dance. Influenced by Korean and western pop culture who succeeded with their work, especially in music and another art, and have the vision to help all youth to exploit their skill in entertainment, little Alhdi in junior high school have the passion to start dancing, which unusual for a kid at that age, and who live in Bangkalan, which known as a religious region. I trained myself, both to become more advance in dancing and more confident, by entered dance or sing competition in the mall. In my school performing art fest, I and friends made a group and make our own dance move, that later it was us who first make a boy dance group in the school.

In 2014, as I already entered senior high school, the teacher asked me and senior to joined a mini-competition held by BRI as a school delegation. As the competition finished, a person came to me and asked me to join his dancing community in order to complete their dance formation, as he amazed by my dancing skills. As time passed by, we often hired as a small event entertainer and later, we all agreed to make our dance community named Troubleshoot. The purpose of the community is to hone the skill of its members, including me, and to trained and make a place for people, especially in Bangkalan who interested in dancing. The peak of our dance group's achievement was in 2015 when our group won the first place in the UBS Dance Competition held in Institut Teknologi Surabaya. The other achievement we got was some events in malls.

At the end of 2017, I left the Troubleshoot and created my own group, back with my old friends in junior high school. As we still got our touch back then, we got some achievement in-town level, they are OPPO Dance Competition Banplaz in 2017 and 2018. Unfortunately, some of the members busy with their college study and work, the step to make the group more advance is faltered. In order to make the group still alive, some of us make a subgroup who trained some of the high schoolers, besides to preserve our skill, we also get pay from training people.


Family and support

It is not just me who interested in dancing, my first little brother also loved to dance back then, as we at the same group back then; Troubleshoot, but as he entered the college in management majors, it seems that he lost interest in dancing little by little. My last brother who is still in junior high school just loves sport, which normal for a kid at that age. Lucky for me that I get parents who always support their children, and never impose their will on their children. It helps me a lot to focus on what I want to do and I want to be, as I know that I already got some of the highest achievement in the field that I interest in. There was once the school wanted to support us and want to merge the school name with our group, and if we win, the school wants the winner must be on their behalf, so we refused it as we want to raise our group name.


A view to Bangkalan dance potential

There is a lot of improvement of the dance group in Bangkalan, one by one new dance group popping up.  I believed that our movement back then to made a group dance, especially for a boy, influenced others to make them. The other thing that influenced youth to make their own group is Korean pop culture, as I know that Korean's is so famous lately, especially their Kpop. One thing faltered their step to move further, especially for the girl, that they still bound to religion aspect; to wear hijab, that causes the lack of confident in expression, as I believed that, the girl who does dance and not wear hijab, they are usually more expressive, and it is one of appraisal value.


A foresight

Since my group members focused on their college and work, and just make the dance as a hobby, now I'm working as an admin in my father corporation, and a side job, I'm still trained some of the high schoolers in dancing. To support my knowledge on the job I'm at now, in 2019 I take a course on business and management majors in Advent Links-Sauc Singapore for 1 year. Even though for now that me and the other members of the group busy with their world, I still have a dream to reach my goal; become a famous dancer, but as I realize that I'm not expert enough to make it, I just let my life flow by itself and enjoying my current job.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Poem, classic

Perehtyneisyys as red as a ruby beauty, yet stiff the soul in the city crushed, and rift oh, can they still mesh in forthcoming? as the age crumbling as the noise dying that they realize, in the end, they feel nothing

Creative Writing: Creating Short Story

If Only... Prologue Its been three years since the university graduation, Dego still remembered that at that time his love was rejected by Janu, the girl he loves since the beginning they met in university. Since then, Dego trying to move on from the past, however, in reality, they are in the same company now that it makes their relation awkward.   The first time I saw her It was in 2011, Dego reassured himself that he aims to study at one of the leading universities and majoring in accountants. He was so confident that graduated with a pretty good grade from one of the famous high school in the town can smooth his way to reach his dream. As he predicted, he was accepted into the university as the big five students with a good grade, and it made him suddenly famous among the new college student, the senior is no exception too. Until the inauguration time came, Dego was in the seventh group with fifteen members including him. His group was mentored by a calm and girly senior,